Wendy Shay appears to have lost her ambassadorial role with the YEA after a photo of her and former president Kufuor went viral.
The photo had gone haywire on the internet for various reasons, and was she largely condemned by Ghanaians. It seems the negative reactions the photo generated has caused the management of YEA to take a second look at Wendy Shay’s deal, hence, the omission of her name in the final list.
YEN.com.gh gathered this from a release by the YEA announcing who their final ambassadors were with Wendy Shay’s name out. The statement reads in part: “Below are a list of Ambassadors currently engaged by the Agency:
1. Kwabena Anokye Adisi, Journalist/ CEO, EIB Group / Start-Up consultant2. Bryan Amoateng, Pastor, Author, Life Coach, Entrepreneur, Founder, International Youth Empowerment Summit (IYES), President, Bryan Jones Outreach,
3. Jackie Appiah, Award-winning actress, Entrepreneur4. Bibi Bright, Actress, Entrepreneur, Humanitarian
5. Emelia Brobbey, Actress, Trained Teacher and Journalist
6. Rebecca Donkor, CEO MakeUp Ghana, Start-Up Consultant, Founder/CEO Healthcare Management”
The released continued: “Also, we have prominent people in society ranging from top-ranking public officials, Members of Parliament, Business Executives, Chiefs, Religious leaders etc who have endorsed our initiatives and have indicated their readiness and availability to act as advisors to the projects the Agency embark on. Notable among these prominent individuals are:
1. Dr Kwabena Donkor, Former Minister for Power and MP for Pru East Constituency.
2. Catherine Abelema Afeku, Minister and Member of Parliament and an astute Marketer.
3. Nana Osei Bonsu, President of Private Enterprises Federation (PEF Ghana).
4. Mr Seth Twum Akwaboah, President of the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI). These dignified individuals, as well as a host of others including CEOs in the Banking and Telecommunication Sector, are all ready and available to lend their support to the Agency when called upon.”
YEN.com.gh cannot say if indeed Wendy Shay was fired because of her photo with Kufuor which she captioned: “Kufuor pe shw3”, as in her Uber Driver song. She later apologised for the photo and asked Ghanaians to forgive her
In an exclusive interview with Zeda, artiste manager at RuffTown Records, they are yet to receive an official information from YEA as to why Wendy Shay’s name was removed from the list.
YEN.com.gh is following up on this development and will update readers with fresh information when they come in. Another photo of the former president with actress Jackie Appiah also went viral.